One of IOS’s objectives is “to promote scientific research and education in order to improve knowledge and awareness of birds in Illinois.” The IOS Grants Program was initiated in 2004 to support this objective with grants awarded to projects relating to birds and/or birding in Illinois. A total of 85 Grants totaling $73,419 have been awarded since the program’s inception, through 2016.
Review the list of Past Recipients.
Grants are available to anyone or any organization with a bird and/or birding related project including students, professionals, organizations and individuals.
- Interested applicants of an IOS Grant award must be a member of IOS.
- Applicants should submit a project proposal of up to but not exceeding five pages.
- Applicants agree to write an article about the project and its results for the IOS journal, The Meadowlark.
- Willingness of an applicant to attend the IOS Spring meeting and share results will also be taken into consideration in choosing award winners. Assistance for travel to the Spring meeting may be requested from IOS.
2017 Grants Program
IOS is pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for the 2017 Illinois Ornithological Society Grant Program. Awards of up to $1,000 are available to applicants conducting projects relating to birds and/or birding in Illinois.
Interested applicants should complete an application form and submit a project proposal as explained in the Grant Request Form.
Download: 2017-Grant-Request-form (PDF)
- Deadline for submission: March 25, 2017
- Announcement of awards: April 24, 2017
Applications should be e-mailed to Bob Fisher.